Module 1 - Internet Tool Task & Further Exploration
Today I continue to complete my tasks of module one. There are two widely used internet tools, Traceroute and Ping. I found them by visiting the site provided on webCT (http://computer.howstuffworks.com/router5.htm), and followed the instruction for the use.
TraceRoute:
I inputted "curtin.edu.au" into the blank, and then just click "go", 20 hops comes out, and they are all connected to Curtin.edu.au. what is more, Curtin's IP has been clearly shown on the page, which is "134.7.134.47" .


Ping:
Similar method has been used by using "Ping". I put "curtin.edu.au" in the blank of "domain".
the pockets to send: 5
data size: 32
timeout(ms): 1000
ttl(hoops): 255
Further Exploration
A-Toolbar (Ping to webCT)
This is a nice tool for internet. It can easily show you the hops, packet size, timeout, and number of pings by using both “Ping” and “Trace”.

then I used "trace" to curtin, and here we got:

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home